Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Growth

Every spring the trees sprout leaves and the flowers rise up from their winter hibernation to shower us with their beauty. It's a time of rebirth, an awakening. It's a time for people to start leaving their homes more often to enjoy the great outdoors.

While it's not spring here yet (thanks Puxatony Phil) I find myself on a path of growth and discovery much like the buds and bushes experience when the icy weather begins to thaw. I'm realizing that holding on too tightly to the past -- possessions and people -- is not healthy for me. Gee, ya think? Maybe that's not a huge revelation, but I have had the tendency to grasp, cling and dwell too long and too hard, putting too much energy and effort into situations that only caused me harm.

I am tired of fighting losing battles. I am tired of feeling hurt, or like a fool. I'm tired of coming in second and exerting too much of myself towards people who don't have the time to return the same type of energy. Therefore I am releasing myself from those things, situations and persons that are toxic to me.

'Nuff said. I challenge you to let go of whatever you need to that is weighing you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment